Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Home Alone

I have a day at home, all alone, no kids, can do anything I want, without phone calls or interruption, and no husband either to hog the TV remote. What am I doing with my day? I am lounging on the couch (in my husbands shirt) trying to read or watch TV, with Caleb's stuffed animal and Brett's pillow (so that I can smell them).

I am a mess. I don't know what to do with myself. I miss them like crazy. You would think my dog died. I have waited for this day for years...and now that I have it...I can't take advantage of it because I am too depressed. That is just like God. What a sense of humor. He is probably up there in heaven saying, "You wanted a day to yourself, OK. Here you go. Not all it's cracked up to be is it? Now will you appreciate the blessings I have given you?"

I sometimes get caught up in stuff, stressful work situations, or the hum drum of the fast paced daily activities that I forget momentarily what its all about. As Max Lucado's book so perfectly titled states, "It's not about me." Thank you for this day to remind me what life without you Lord is like.

No comments: