Monday, September 25, 2006

Goat, Tell it on the Mountain

No, I did not misspell. We saw a goat at mile marker 150 on the way home from Beth Moore's Living Proof Live event, and we laughed out loud with God. And a laugh is exactly what I needed. I am on a praise him high. I just finished my time of study with Him this morning (time that I have renewed for God that I have been slacking on). I only pray that I continue to be dedicated in my study time each morning to start my day right.

God's love is immeasurable. Which says a whole lot about his love for us when he measures everything. I have learned that it doesn't matter what others think of us, only what our heavenly father thinks of us. So maybe the trials of work have taught me that I could never please man anyway, but God loves me as I love my children, which is unconditional. I should spend more time letting his love shine through me and quit worrying if I am pleasing others. I still don't know if this job was meant to teach me a lesson, and now that I see, it is time to move on. Or, is there something God is using me for at that job, that I still need to see through till completion.

I pray that God will only open doors that he wants me to go through and that he closes the ones I need to close. Translated, if I am to take a new job, then open that opportunity, but if I am to stay at the current one, then don't even tempt me with any other offers.

"In Christ Alone" as my favorite song says, is the only place you will find that kind of unconditional love. Dear Lord, open my heart that I may have that undying love for you, that unquenchable desire for you, that you have entended for us, that only you can fill.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a funny sight!! LOL w/ God!!