Tuesday, October 14, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Well, I never thought I would be the one to say it, but...There is no place like home. I was always one to believe that home is where the heart is, and I guess my heart just doesn't belong in Ohio. Don't get me wrong, we won't be moving back anytime soon, but it's just not the same here as it is in Kentucky.

I went to a Christian comedian this week with the ladies from the new church we have been going to and broke down in tears when she asked if we were there with our friends. She said to reach out and give them a hug and let them know what they meant to us, and there was noone there for me to hug or to give me a hug. I just cried remembering the times that we girls got away to either Ladies days or Beth Moore conferences, and realized that those were the days that I cherish. I remembered the road trips, singing, Jen's smacks on the butt, Sarah's ----s (you know what I mean if you were there), and group pedicures and therapy sessions. I feel so lonely here sometimes, and wonder if I'll ever make those kind of friends again. I know that the friends I have will always remain close, but it just isn't the same as being able to cry on their shoulder in person every now and then.

I know the Lord has brought us here, and I am sure it is to bring John and I closer. We will need to learn to depend on each other like never before in order to survive this transition. May the Lord just wrap his arms around us as we settle into our new life in this new place...and may you guys continue to pray for our family and all the changes and challenges we continue to face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers! I am just a phone call away too! You all hang in there, and remember time can heal alot! Love you!
Sarah

Jen said...

Girl, I have said it for over a year now and will always believe this...
we will never have the friendships we had at New Life. There was something very very special about that place!
And I too say, "There's no place like home"