Friday, September 14, 2007

Deeper Still


Well, we made it to Nashville and back in one piece. No wrecks, accidents, or illnesses to report. We all were truly blessed with the desire to go "Deeper Still" with God. This is a book that I bought, that I can't wait to get into, after I finish the 3 others I started last month. I had never heard Kay Arthur, or Priscilla Shirer, and let me tell you, they are great speakers too. The knowlege of the scriptures that Kay has is amazing. I knew a lot of the verses she quoted, but I have never been good about being able to say Book, Chapter, and Verse. I need to work on that more.
The other things that has just weighed heavy on my mind is this: I am realizing just how many people still have God in a box. I recently shared how I felt after finding out that we may have a Down's baby to a few people from our congregation. I shared how I felt broken hearted, disappointed, guilty, and scared after that news was given to me. I then shared how a couple days later, I just had a peace come over me like I did when I was a little girl sitting on my dad's lap during a scary part of a movie, knowing he would protect me and all would be okay. I went on the share with them that I believe that was the Lord and His Holy Spirit just wrapping his arms around me and telling me it would be okay. That's where I lost them. They looked at me like I had 4 heads. How sad that they could not relate.
I know that sounds awful touchy, feely... but my God IS touchy, feely. He is alive and at work in our lives, if we just take time to notice, and give him the glory. No, we don't feel that way 24/7, but he promises that he will reveal himself to us who diligently seek him with all their hearts. (Jeramiah 29:13)

No comments: